About The Association
The International Association for Paratuberculosis, Inc. was founded January, 1989. The Association is a non-profit organization devoted to the advancement of knowledge and scientific achievement toward the eradication of paratuberculosis in domestic livestock and other species affected by Mycobacterium paratuberculosis. The primary functions of the Association are:
- To further the work of scientists studying paratuberculosis
- To facilitate communication and cooperation among scientists
- To bridge the gap between basic scientists and clinicians
- To foster scientific freedom and responsibility
- To improve the effectiveness of scientific achievement in the promotion of animal and human health
- To advance education in paratuberculosis, encouraging new researchers to study this disease
- To increase public understanding, awareness, and appreciation of the importance of diseases caused by M. paratuberculosis.
The International Association publishes a newsletter, The Paratuberculosis Newsletter, and holds International Colloquia every 2-years. Association members have access to the Members Only Areas of the website where Newsletter and Coloquia Proceedings are distributed and where Association Members can interact with colleagues. Members are also eligible to apply for grants and fellowships funded by the Association.
If you would like to join the Association: